This site contains a collection of notes written by medical students and junior doctors. Each article is an amalgamation of knowledge from journal articles, textbooks, lectures, ward rounds, tutorials and impromptu teaching and advice provided by medical professionals.
Unfortunately, currently we are unable to provide individual sources for many of our articles.
However, below is a list of many of the written sources that have been used to compile our articles.
- Kumar, P., Clark, M., (2005). Clinical Medicine. 6th ed. Elsevier Saunders
- Boon, NA., Colledge, NR., Walker, BR. (2006). Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine. 20th ed. Churchill Livingstone
- Warrell, DA., Eatherall, DJ., Cox, TM. (2003). Oxford Textbook of Medicine. 4th ed. Oxford University Press
- Longmore, M., Wilkinson I., Turmezei, T., Cheung, CK. (2007). Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine. 7th ed. Oxford Uiversity Press
- Drake, R., Vogl, AW., Mitchell, AWM. (2004). Gray’s anatomy for students. Churchill Livingstone
- Guyton, AC., Hall, JE. (2005). Textbook of Medical Physiology. Saunders
- Martini, FH. (2006). Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology. 7th ed. Pearson
- Waller, DG., Renwick AG., Hillier K. (2005). Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. Elsevier Saunders
- Rang, HP., Dale, MM., Ritter, JM., Flower, R. (2007). Rang & Dale’s pharmacology. 6th ed. Churchill Livingstone
- Cox, NLT., Roper TA. (2005). Oxford Core Texts: Clinical Skills. Oxford University Press.
- Underwood, CE. (2004). General and Systematic Pathology. 4th ed. Churchill Livingstone
- Grace, PA., Borley, NR. (2006). Surgery at a glance. 3rd ed. Wiley Blackwell
- Tjandra, J., Clunie, GJA., Kaye, A. (2005). Textbook of surgery. 3rd ed. Blackwell
- Hamptom, JR. (2008). The ECG made easy. 7th ed. Churchill Livingstone
- Feather, A., Knowles CH., Domizio, P. (2008). EMQ’s for medical students: v. 1. 2nd ed. PasTest
- Feather, A., Knowles CH., Round, J., Domizio, P. (2008). EMQ’s for medical students: v. 2. 2nd ed. PasTest
- NICE guidelines – these are UK NHS recommendations for the management of many conditions. The guidelines can be found online at:
Also, many thanks to the staff and patients at the University of Manchester and associated Teaching Hospitals, GP practices, and other Community Placements.
The notes on this site are all written by medical students and junior doctors. Notes are reviewed by our editing team (Tom Leach and Patrick Green) before being uploaded.
However, the information contained in the site has not been specifically and authoritatively peer-reviewed, and as such has not passed scientific scrutiny as to its accuracy (although many of the sources we use have been peer reviewed and are generally accepted in medical science).
The information contained in this site is accurate to the best of our knowledge, however, you should always check information with a relevant professional. This site is intended as an additional learning resource for medical students, and should be used in conjunction with other resources recommended by your higher education facility, for example; peer-reviewed articles, textbooks, and advice from clinicians. www.almostadoctor.com accepts no responsibility or legal liability for the use or misuse of the information contained in this site. almostadoctor.com is not intended as a replacement for your clinician, or a diagnostic tools for patients, and should not be used as such.