Dr Tom Leach MBChB DCH EMCert(ACEM) FRACGP currently works as a GP in Bungendore, NSW, Australia, and an Emergency Department CMO at The Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia.
He is also a Clinical Associate Lecturer at the Australian National University.
After graduating in 2011, Tom completed his Foundation Training at Bolton Royal Hospital, before moving to Australia in 2013.
You can see more about Tom’s professional career on LinkedIn.
He started almostadoctor whilst studying medicine at the University of Manchester in 2009. You can read more about almostadoctor on the about page.
Tom holds the following qualifications:
- MBChB – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – University of Manchester – 2011
- EMCert(ACEM) – Emergency Medicine Certificate – Australasian College for Emergency Medicine – 2017
- DCH – Diploma of Child Health – Sydney Children’s Hospital – 2017
- FRACGP – Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – 2021
In the Media
- The Independent – Is it serious? Manchester medical student Tom Leach’s notes become worldwide internet hit – January 2014
- Bolton News – Young doctor’s university notes become internet hit – January 2014
- Belfast Telegraph – ‘The Wikipedia of medicine’: Manchester medical student’s notes become worldwide internet hit – January 2014